Department of Computer Science
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
In early 2016, I was a visiting fellow at the School of Information Systems at the Queensland University of Technology. In 2015 and 2016, I was a visiting researcher at the Department of Computing at Imperial College London. As of 2016, I am a Junior-Fellow of the German Informatics Society (GI).
My research focuses on processes, the foundations of behavioural modelling and analysis, and formal methods for behavioural models. I am further interested in event recognition and processing with event-based systems as well as data integration and uncertainty management.
- February 2016: Inviting submissions to a Special Issue on Online Forecasting and Proactive Analytics in the Big Data Era in Elsevier's Big Data Research, deadline is June 15, 2016.
- January 2016: Looking forward to collaborating with the BPM research group at QUT, Brisbane, Australia, on the foundations of alignments of process models - a project that is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in the Australia-Germany Joint Research Cooperation Scheme.
- October 2015: Together with Dave Eyers, Arno Jacobsen and Avigdor Gal, I organise a Dagstuhl Seminar on Integrating Process-oriented and Event-based Systems in late August 2016.
- August 2015: We have a PhD position in process-oriented systems/event processing. Application deadline is October 8, 2015.
- June 2015: Inviting submissions to the 10th ACM International Conference on Distributed and Event-based Systems (DEBS 2016), which will be held in Irvine, CA, USA. General Co-Chairs of DEBS 2016 are Avgidor Gal and myself.
- April 2015: I moved to the Department of Computer Science at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (HU) to start a research group on Process-Driven Architectures. This group is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) through the Emmy-Noether Programme.
- October 2014: Inviting submissions to the 13th International Conference on Business Process Management, which will be held in Innsbruck, Austria. Programme Co-Chairs of BPM 2015 are Hamid Motahari, Jan Recker, and myself.
- June 2014: We defended our title! Our solution for Scalable Stateful Stream Processing for Smart Grids, won the Audience Award at the ACM DEBS 2014 Grand Challenge. Congrats to the team!